[Chicago-talk] [WindyCity-pm] Chicago Perl Seminar

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:53:30 PST 2008

> What would be the difference between this and having the same person
> come and do a talk at a PM meeting?  I'd be interested either way,
> unfortunately there's no way for me to attend (since I work in the
> 'burbs).

The difference would be that it would allow for people who can't make
the night meetings downtown to come to some meetings/seminars.  We'd
probably end up having the speaker stay over and come to an
'emergency' PM meeting the night of the talk if they were willing.
Basically, I'm just trying to shake it up a bit and start having more
options for meetings.  There are some communities that actually have
all of their user group meetings during the day because people are
already concentrated downtown and can get the 2 hours off from work.
I figured this would be worth a shot.  Plus, I have a better chance of
getting the speaker's travel paid for if I can get them to speak
during the workday at an office.