[Chicago-talk] Regular expression

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Wed Feb 6 10:50:53 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Young, Darren wrote:

> Group                Node            Status
> -------------------- --------------- ------
> Cluster Group        GSBDHCL2        Online             <- the line
> I'm
> splitting on.

If they're fixed width columns, use unpack(), like so:

my ($group,undef,$node,undef,$status) = unpack( 'A20 A1 A15 A1 A6',
$str );

That's saying "Split out the first 20 alphas into $group, ignore the
next 1, the next 15 into $node, the next 1 ignored, and the last 6
into $status". You may need to adjust those widths, since I didn't
count carefully, but you get the idea.

xoxo,
Andy

--