[Chicago-talk] Perl and dates

Eric Ellington e.ellington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:20:34 PDT 2008

Date-Calc and DateTime are both fast and work well, and both will
solve your problem. Depending on how complicated your date processing
is you might want to check out Date-Manip. The Author states that you
should most likely not use his package. However, I have found it
useful on occasions. There are handy functions such as:

Date_IsWorkDay
Date_NextWorkDay
Date_PrevWorkDay
Date_NearestWorkDay
etc

One gotcha is there is a config file that I have always had to use
with Date-Manip, as it can never figure out what time zone any system
is in. Also, the package will not work at all if it is unable to
determine the time zone.