[Chicago-talk] Our Community (was Re: Possible Talk Subject...?)

Elizabeth Cortell zrusilla at mac.com
Wed Oct 31 13:31:18 PDT 2007

Hear, hear.   I am not enjoying watching this from afar.

I get along with ALL of my Chicago.pm homies because I make a POINT of it.  Each and every one of us belongs, no matter our particular strengths and shortcomings.  And let's face it, we all have...how to say it delicately...UNIQUE personalities.

Small communities, such as Perl Mongers, English departments, hippie communes, Maoist parties, minor Protestant sects or avant-garde composers, are prone to power struggles, infighting, holy wars and backstabbing.    We need to recognize this phenomenon and make it stop.

Negative comments off list, please, and disagreements settled directly with the person in question.

Liz Cortell

LA.pm, TO.pm, Chi.pm emerita