[Chicago-talk] Books for Teen Daughter

justin+pm at dicatek.com justin+pm at dicatek.com
Fri Nov 9 13:16:26 PST 2007

Not a *programming* book but an ideas book: I enjoyed _The Armchair
Universe_ and _The Magic Machine_ by A. K. Dewdney when I was growing up.

See http://www.csd.uwo.ca/faculty/akd/PERSONAL/books_and_articles.html
--------
The Armchair Universe

A collection of lightly edited columns from Scientific American, including
the Mandelbrot Set, wallpaper for the mind, analog computers, hypercubes,
the conversational program Racter, a checkers-playing program, three
dimensional Life, the sharks and fish of Wa-Tor, core War, and many
others. Readers with a modicum of programming skill can bring most of
these recreations to life.
--------