[Chicago-talk] Scalar help.

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Thu May 10 06:40:58 PDT 2007

Brain,

This worked like a charm.  Thanks so much.  Next time you're in Lincoln Park let me know, I owe you a beer.

Richard

  Richard,

Here's a sample program that simulates typed input, waits for the user
to edit/enter a line, and prints what it gets.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my $sti = "Hello, world";

sub TIOCSTI { 0x5412; }         # From e.g. /usr/include/asm/ioctls.h

foreach my $char (split(//, $sti))
{
         ioctl(STDIN, TIOCSTI, $char);
}
print "Input received: ", scalar(<>);

# END

--
Brian Katzung
Kappa Computer Solutions, LLC

Your beliefs become your thoughts.  Your thoughts become your words.  Your words become your actions.  Your actions become your habits.  Your habits become your values.  Your values become your destiny.  -- Mahatma Gandhi