[Chicago-talk] Problem with Exporter as reported by CPAN testers on one of my modules.

Elliot Shank chicago.pm at galumph.com
Sun May 6 11:53:16 PDT 2007

I just got a FAIL email on one of my modules that I'm not understanding.

Specifically, it's getting a compilation error:

  "import" is not exported by the Exporter module

the line in question is

  use Exporter qw( import );

What the ?!?.

The person is using 5.6.2 on some version of Debian.  I do development using 5.8.8.

Is there any general reason why this should fail?  Yes, I will obviously check specifically with the person, but I'm asking in the general case.

  -- Benjamin Franklin,
     "An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government
     of Pennsylvania"