[Chicago-talk] May Chicago.PM meetings: Introduction to Unicode

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu May 3 07:59:18 PDT 2007

http://rakudo.org/chicago-pm/index.cgi?introduction_to_unicode

Languages other than English are becoming more common in the U.S. The
Internet opens up communication channels to the entire world. The
challenge is to communicate with other countries and other cultures.
The Unicode standard provides a way to communicate in the printed
characters of the worlds many languages. Clyde Forrester will attempt
to explain what Unicode is, its history, what it is used for, why it
is used, and how to use it.

Clyde's talk will only take the first hour at most, so afterwards at
the May 8th meeting, we may work on sharing more cool tricks from
perl101.org, and adding new ones to the site. This is a great way for
Chicago.PM as a group to help give back to the Perl community.

You'll have two opportunities to hear it:

     * May 8th, 2007, 7pm at Illinois Institute of Technology, Rice
Campus in Wheaton -- No RSVP required
     * May 22nd, 2007, 7pm at Performics in the city -- RSVP required
by noon to the email address "jmcadams" at the site "performics.com",
or add your name to this page: http://rakudo.org/chicago-pm/index.cgi?
introduction_to_unicode

As with all Chicago Perl Mongers meetings, everyone is welcome,
whether or not you consider yourself a member. We look forward to
seeing you there!

xoxo,
Andy

--