[Chicago-talk] Database Migrations using DBIx::DBSchema...

Michael D. Stemle, Jr. manchicken at notsosoft.net
Mon Mar 26 22:23:09 PDT 2007

Okay, so I'm trying to think up a way of making replicable migration scripts
that are more portable for general distribution... DBIx::DBSchema kinda stuck
out to me as a possible means of doing this.

The problem is that I'm going through it, it's generating the SQL, but for
some reason it's not executing it properly (as documented), so I'm kinda
having to hack it a bit and manually execute the SQL that is generated.  It's
not THAT big of a hack, but I was hoping to get it happy.

I'm open to ideas.  Attached is the script I was playing with (signed).

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr. <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer