[Chicago-talk] Chicago.pm March Downtown Meeting

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Feb 26 16:57:30 PST 2007

On Sunday 25 February 2007 15:07, Joshua McAdams wrote:
> Anyone want to present at the downtown meeting this March?  It looks
> like the date will be the 27th.  If nobody steps up, I'm thinking that
> a editor battle might be in order.  I've had a guy at work
> re-introduce me to eclipse/epic and I'm really liking it.  Possibly a
> feature show-down between everyones favorites?

That would be interesting (emacs wins :D).  I had in mind a brief introduction
to Haskell, since it's a very compelling language to learn (whereas Python
and Ruby are pretty much Perl with some minor syntactic differences).
Learning Haskell will change the way you think about programming, which is
always a good thing.  Did I mention it's 100x faster than Perl on average? :)

Another possible topic is web testing (prompted by the next question on the
list).

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,