[Chicago-talk] Automated testing of web apps?

Alan Mead amead2 at alanmead.org
Mon Feb 26 09:07:13 PST 2007

An upcoming Perl web application is going to need some testing and I'd
like to automate it. This (testing) is not like anything that I've done
previously... Does anyone have suggestions about the right module,
helpful articles, etc.?

More specifically, beyond the usual feature-based testing, I'll need to
stress test it to demonstrate scalability.  Testing the app will require
authentication but not SSL (not in v1.0, anyway).  For expediency, I'll
use an Apache layer for authentication initially, with the possibility
of a cookie-based approach later.

-Alan

--
Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.

Assistant Professor
Institute of Psychology
Illinois Intitute of Technology
3101 South Dearborn, 2nd floor