[Chicago-talk] Come to the Wikithon, Wed Feb 7th

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu Feb 1 08:37:04 PST 2007

[I'm emailing this out, not that I expect anyone to go to California,
but because you can join in remotely, and the chicago.pm wiki runs on
Socialtext Open. -- Andy]

https://www.socialtext.net/stoss/index.cgi?wikithon

Come to our Wikithon!

On Wednesday February 7th in Palo Alto, CA, the same day as Wiki
Wednesday, Socialtext is hosting an all day open hackathon. Our
entire development team will be in town and our doors are open for you.

Remote Access

Can't make it to our offices in Palo Alto? No problem! Please feel
free to follow along remotely (and if you want to remotely pair with
someone to accomplish a particular task, please note that here as
well). When you've completed your project, make a page in /stoss
describing it, and tag it 'wikithon' so other people can find it.
We'll be doing a show and tell of the hackathon output in the evening
at Wiki Wednesday - so even if you can't hack with us, please come to
Wiki Wednesday and admire all the cool things people made.
Infrastructure

We're putting some infrastructure in place so that local and remote
participants can collaborate:

     * IRC - irc.freenode.net, channel #socialtext
     * Two open conference meeting rooms - 801 and 805 (external
callers call 1 877-GET-WIKI and then the extension)
     * VNC servers available for connection: oak.socialtext.net:1 and
oak.socialtext.net:2
     * Food and beverages will be available at the office

Ideas

Even if you're having trouble thinking of anything to work on, come
on by and see if you can lend someone else a hand. We're eagerly
looking forward to some cool new Socialtext plugins and hopefully
some new API clients. We'll have some folks hanging out who are
familiar with Socialtext internals, to help you get started on your
widget.

Contest

We're going to have two contests during the Wikithon - best
Socialtext Plugin or best new Socialtext API Client. Prizes are still
to be determined, but we hope to encourage our hackers to come up
with cool new ways to extend and use our application.

--
Andy Lester => andy.lester at socialtext.com => www.socialtext.com =>
AIM:petdance