[Chicago-talk] accessing another script's subroutine from w/in a module?

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Fri Dec 28 08:28:55 PST 2007

How can one properly declare another script's subroutine from within  a Module.

I would like to be able to do this:

require "./QuoteJoke.pl";
my $string = &get_quote_joke();

from a my home made perl module Fax.pm

without getting:

Undefined subroutine &Fax::get_quote_joke called at Fax.pm line 61

I know I am probably breaking some cardinal rule of perl but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

Your beliefs become your thoughts.  Your thoughts become your words.  Your words become your actions.  Your actions become your habits.  Your habits become your values.  Your values become your destiny.  -- Mahatma Gandhi