[Chicago-talk] [Chicago] T1 Providers

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Oct 25 11:30:02 PDT 2006

> I have heard great things about Speakeasy. Their support is nice
> because they will never pass you off to the SBC/ATT departments, you
> just deal with Speakeasy, and never have to hunt down people. They are
> more expensive but I have heard people sing their praises.

Regarding Speakeasy... I don't know what their commercial offerings are
like (T1 is listed), but their consumer offerings are amazing.  They
have exceedingly competent 24-hour tech support, and I have never had
any downtime in the last two years (in fact, it worked even during a
power outage while my UPS was powering the modem and wireless router).
The tech support is pretty speedy, too.  I opened a problem ticket to
get some IPs activated on a Friday night (at 1am or so), and they were
working in 15 minutes :)  That's pretty cool.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,