[Chicago-talk] Sharing my pain

Alan Mead amead at alanmead.org
Fri Oct 13 13:12:14 PDT 2006

Shawn Carroll wrote:

>initiative.  We came accross the lovely code below.  He said this is
>the kind of code people talk about when they say perl isn't a great
>language.  After reading it, if this indicative of some perl out
>there, I'd have to agree.

Ok, I'll bite.  What's so terrible about this code?  Using bangs for
delimiting m// and s///?  A complete lack of comments?

I ask because I come across module code all the time that I cannot
read.  But this was no sweat, even though I was unfamiliar with stuff
like qx{} .. it was clear what was going on.

--
Alan D. Mead, Ph.D. : amead at alanmead.org : 815-588-3846

What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite.
		-- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical Essays", 1928