[Chicago-talk] Fwd: [RHS] Richard Stallman and Chicago G/LUG Meeting

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 17:25:11 PST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Quigley <jquigley at chicagolug.org>
Date: Nov 1, 2006 4:37 PM
Subject: [RHS] Richard Stallman and Chicago G/LUG Meeting
To: Chigago GLUG Announce <announcements at chicagolug.org>
Cc: LUNI List <luni at luni.org>, "ChicagoTeam,"
<ubuntu-us-chicago at lists.ubuntu.com>, RHS
<river at lists.rudolphheringsociety.org>

Folks:

The Chicago GNU/Linux Users Group has invited Richard Stallman to give a
talk this coming Saturday, November 4th.  He's in Chicago for a brief
layover, and has asked to stop by.  He'll be speaking on the Free
Software movement and the GNU/Linux OS.

When:
Saturday, November 4, 2006 @ 10a

Where:
IIT campus
MTCC McCloska Auditorium
3201 S State St, Chicago IL, 60616
maps.google.com: http://tinyurl.com/y75b5j

The IIT campus is very accessible via public transportation.  A few
minutes walk from the 35th St. green and red line stops, as well as the
State Street bus.

Following this, the Chicago G/LUG is getting together at Argo Tea for a
mini hack meeting.  Free wifi and great drinks will be had, and everyone
is cordially invited to join us and dive into some code; there is no
structured plan for this meeting.

At 3p on the same day, there is a Chicago G/LUG meeting at our usual
location.  Topics of presentation will be:

* Linux Internals: The Linux Kernel Scheduler (Tristan Sloughter)
* rPath/Conary: An Introduction into rPath and Conary (Kevin Harriss)
* A Few Lines of Ruby: General Ruby Practices, by example (Evan Farrar)
agenda: http://www.chicagolug.org/Agenda_2006-11-04

Our meeting is generously supported by rPath and the FSF.  We'll be
giving away some free gifts from both organizations.  For more
information, please visit our website:

http://www.chicagolug.org/

Happy Hacking!
The Chicago GNU/Linux Users Group