[Chicago-talk] TT vs Mason

Elias Lutfallah eli at mortgagefolder.com
Fri Jun 16 11:19:55 PDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into them, but I don't want to put
too many layers of abstraction in between my code and mod_perl. So far I
like Mason. It seems well suited to the project that I am working on. Very
well documented as well.

> On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 10:08 -0500, Alan Mead wrote:
>> Elias Lutfallah wrote:
>> > Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with Mason. I dabbled with TT
>> > couple years back and didn't find it as intuitive as Mason. YMMV.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Eli
>> >

>> Eli,
>>
>> Are you familiar with Catalyst or Maypole?
>>
>> http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/Catalyst-5.6902/lib/Catalyst.pm
>> http://search.cpan.org/~teejay/Maypole-2.11_pre3/lib/Maypole.pm
>
> ..or http://www.jifty.org (which uses mason)
>   or http://www.plainblack.com/webgui
>

>> >From your description... I thought these might be handy.  I guess you
>> could say that Catalyst adds an MVC framework to TT.
>>
>> -Alan

Elias Lutfallah
Chief Technology Officer
Mortgage Desk, Inc.