[Chicago-talk] TT vs Mason

Elias Lutfallah eli at mortgagefolder.com
Thu Jun 15 14:11:16 PDT 2006

All,

I understand that some people prefer the Template Toolkit over Mason. I'd
like to hear opinions an which system I should use for a database driven
web application. No articles or things posted by users, only displays from
the DB and the forms to update the DB. Not Slashdot, more like a bank's
website.

I currently have my own home grown template system in my software, but I'm
rewriting things to use Mason. I'm doing this primarily for new coders
that we are hiring. If they have used Mason before they will be able to
jump right in without having to learn how I do templating.

One thing I don't like about Mason is how ugly the code becomes once you
start mixing perl into HTML. I probably just don't know enough about Mason
to make my code more readable. I follow PBP for the perl code, the HTML is
harder to format with a 78 character line.

I'd would greatly appreciate your input on this matter.

Thanks,

Eli
--
Elias Lutfallah