[Chicago-talk] Interesting read

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Feb 7 21:27:35 PST 2006

-- Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com>

>> http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/28466
>
> I talked to Curtis about this, and he's planning on looking for folks
> in PM groups all 'round.  He is definitely looking for people to do
> actual work on some PR-type stuff talking about Perl's perception in
> business.  Yes, that would be working with me, too.

This is exactly what the advocacy group was supposed to
help deal with. In typical perly fashion, noone was
able to agree on answers for these sorts of things.

One other issue with Java is that there is a lot more
training out there for it. This means that Average Joe
Programmer types are more likely to have had exposure
to development with specific tools in the language.

With Perl most people just "pick it up". Aside from any
of us who can going out and teaching it at local public
college extension programs, what is there we can do?

Of course, people calling up the local extension programs
and ASKING for Perl classes would help enormously...

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421