[Chicago-talk] Regular meetings start again in January

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Mon Dec 18 09:16:17 PST 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Warren Lindsey wrote:

> I agree with Jason on this.  "Regular Meetings" is great news to me.
> With regular meetings comes more attendance and we build momentum.
> Perhaps then somebody will be motivated enough to have one in the city
> again. I prefer the idea that we can always count on Andy's place and
> we can have Chicago meetings whenever anyone can make them happen.

I concur.  Having a regular space in the outer burbs isn't a bad thing at
all.  I might not attend often, but that's just the shoe going on the
other foot.  However, it might help if we arranged an informal shuttle
service from a Metra station on the UP/West Line to the meeting space.
(I don't if the Wheaton or College Avenue station is closer.)

I would be against anything constituting a formal split into 2 separate
monger groups.  Alternative meetups downtown would be fine with me, so
long as they aren't scheduled at the same time as the other meetings.

-- Mike F.