[Chicago-talk] [Fwd: Re: [svn:perl6-synopsis] r8532 - doc/trunk/design/syn]

Andy Bach andy_bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
Sun Apr 2 19:14:58 PDT 2006

fwded from perl6 by Andy Bach

"AT" == Audrey Tang <audreyt at audreyt.org> writes:

  AT> Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> one of these days when i have tuits of large circumference, i will do a
  >> nit pass over as much of the A/E/S as i can handle before my brain
  >> explodes. having done tech editing for perl books is good training for
  >> this. in fact it would be a good idea to have several such passes by
  >> those with editing skill before those docs are 'released'. some of the
  >> concepts are so new to so many and are bleeding edge that the wording
  >> used has to be extra clean of nits and such stuff as dangling pronouns
  >> and other common flaws of technical writing.

  AT> Indeed.  If we can arrange to have a "docathon" of factoring S* via such
  AT> reviewing passes into Perl6::Doc::{Spec,Overview,Tutorial} documents,
  AT> that can greatly speed up Perl 6 adoption.

  AT> Got some cycles at YAPC::NA::Chicago?  :)

i dunno now. is there going to be a hackathon like last year before
toronto? i could possibly get there early for some of that and get some
of that manic group energy focused on the docs. hell, i would do it just
to try to grok some of the stuff that is flying around.  :)

so is anyone going to volunteer their place for this?

uri