[Chicago-talk] Upcoming talk: The A-Z of contributing to CPAN

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Thu Sep 22 22:01:57 PDT 2005

I'll be giving a talk at the Chicago Uniforum meeting on October 11th
in Wheaton.

http://www.uniforum.chi.il.us/meetings/perlCPAN.html

I'll be giving the same talk at the Grand Rapids Perl Mongers meeting
on 10/25.  Earlier that same day, I'll be giving the project
estimation & tracking talk to a different Grand Rapids-area group.
If you or anyone else is interested in details, let me know.

Abstract:
The A-Z Guide To Becoming a CPAN Author

Andy Lester will present an overview of what it takes to create a
module for distribution on the CPAN, the public repository of code
for the Perl community.  You'll learn how to turn your code into a
useful package that others around the world can use.  If you've
ever wanted to give back to Perl or open source, this talk will
guide your way, from the first inklings of an idea, to ongoing
maintenance of your software.

Bio:

Andy has 25 modules on the CPAN, and is a regular speaker at the
O'Reilly Open Source Conference, Yet Another Perl Conference, and
user groups around the country.  He leads a department of programmers
for Follett Library Resources in McHenry, IL.   "Pro Perl Debugging,"
which Andy co-authored, has just been published by Apress.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance