[Chicago-talk] Annual Halloween Party! On Halloween! A Party!

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 23:24:48 PDT 2005

My wife and I have had a halloween party ever since we moved to
Chicago. It's mostly opera geeks, so this year I'm inviting Perl geeks
to fight back.

Here's my wife's announcement to the opera crowd. You'll have to RSVP
then show up early to get some of the chili because word's gotten
around about it.

It's too bad most of you probably have real jobs and that Halloween is
on a school night. ;)

======

Are you still a child at heart?

Does the turning of the leaves in fall make you want to put on a silly
disguise and run around the neighborhood getting candy from strangers?

Are you really pissed off that trick-or-treating's just for kids?

Well, we are, and that's why it's time again for Stacey and brian's
annual

HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!! (Accept no substitutes! pastede on yay!)

Halloween night (any other night just wouldn't be the same), Monday,
October 31st, from 7 pm until the ghosts kill the last of us off, there
will be a Bacchanalian revel at the APARTMENT O' DOOM with chili, pigs
in blankets, sweets and treats, prizes for the best costumes, good
company and conversation, and kitties! Two kitties! Ah ah ah ah ah!
(lightning, thunder)

So bring a silly disguise, a friend (I don't have everyone's email
addresses and I inevitably forget someone), and your favorite beverage,
if you like (we'll have soda and wine), and a holiday spirit!

We can't wait to see you again! OR WILL WE? RSVP and let us know you're
thinking of coming so there'll be plenty of good food for all!

The APARTMENT O' DOOM is at 5301 North Kenmore Avenue, #2, on the
corner of Berwyn and Kenmore. Bell says "TAPPAN/FOY" on it. Easily
accessible from the Red Line (Berwyn stop) or the 36, 92, 146, 147, and
151 buses. Parking is scarce, so carpool or allow extra time for
Parking Space Vulturing and running over trick-or-treaters.

Those involved in Manon Lescaut (who opens an opera on Halloween?
REALLY.) are welcome to come by after the show and opening night party,
if they have any party at all left in them! We'll still be up!

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>
http://www.pair.com/~comdog/