[Chicago-talk] my $self = shift;

Imran Javaid ijavaid at usa.net
Thu Nov 17 09:36:44 PST 2005

Hello all,

I am new to this user group and new to Chicago too and just wanted to let
myself be known here. I've been using Perl for over 9 years now so am quite
well versed in it. I'd love to be active in the user group community with
whatever projects you have going on.

I've been working at a (notorious) investment firm in downtown (starts with
the letter C, yeah, you know which one) for the past 3 months on a contract
basis. My contract will be ending sooner than I thought (eh, like tomorrow) so
am in the market for something new. If any of you know of any Perl or C++
jobs, I'd love to know about it. Here is my introduction from my resume:

"I am looking for a position as a software engineer where I can use my broad
and extensive experience as a web, application, ETL developer, and as a
quality assurance engineer. I am proficient in Perl and C/C++ and would like
to find a position where I can utilize those skills as well as hone my skills
in Java and other languages. I would also like to expand my career by taking
on a project lead or managerial role."

If any of you know a good position, I'd be happy to forward my complete resume
to you.

Thanks,
Imran Javaid