[Chicago-talk] AHHHHH!!!

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:16:36 PST 2005

On 11/10/05, Joshua McAdams <joshua.mcadams at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone still on for a YAPC planning meeting this weekend at 7?

I should be able to make it, although there is some opera party I
might have to be at later.

> There is a lot to discuss.  We need to try to get a jump on
> sponsorship... right now, there are only three loosy confirmed.

Is that counting Stonehenge?

> We
> need to make up some events for sponsorship.  Last year IBM did a
> cruise.  This year, I've got estimate for dinner on the Sky Deck at

That's the Hancock? My wife says that's pretty nice.

> Sears tower, a chartered 'L' tour of Chicago, and a lake and river
> cruise.  Do any of you Illinoisans have some other ideas?

I'd like to have a touch football game in Soldier Field with Mike
Ditka. Ditka versus Perl Mongers? (Ditka!)

Also, the backstage tour of the Lyric Opera is full of geeky goodness.
None of it has to do with computers though.

We could rent out Pizzeria Uno (or Due).

The Lincoln Park Zoo has a camel last I heard (although they had some
trouble with PETA over that).

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>
http://www.pair.com/~comdog/