[Chicago-talk] WWW::Mechanize and http basic auth?

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Mon May 30 17:28:31 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 02:50:23PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> On May 30, 2005, at 10:10 AM, Greg Fast wrote:
> > Hey, what's the correct way to do HTTP basic auth with WWW::Mechanize?
>
> I think you want the "credentials" part.
>
> http://svn.perl.org/modules/www-mechanize/trunk/lib/WWW/Mechanize/
> Cookbook.pod

Yep, that's got the documentation I was missing.  (It looks like
WWW::Mechanize::Cookbook is still not referenced by Mechanize.pm's
perldoc, though.)

Adam, thanks for the suggestion about subclassing Mech.  That seems
more complicated than modifying the request for my purposes.

--
Greg Fast
gdf at speakeasy.net
http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/