[Chicago-talk] h2xs & subversion equal looong paths

Pete Krawczyk mongers at bsod.net
Wed May 25 05:56:25 PDT 2005

Subject: Re: [Chicago-talk] h2xs & subversion equal looong paths
From: Jay Strauss <me at heyjay.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:46:39 -0500

}>    svn co file:///svn-repository/Finance-Quote-CBOE fqc
}>
}> and it will check out into directory "fqc".
}
}And still end up with: ~/sand/fqc/trunk/lib, which, granted, is less
}keystrokes but, I'm still a bunch of directories down, but I suppose
}that's probably going to be unavoidable, unless I move trunk up, like I
}mentioned.

Is there any reason you can't

svn co file:///svn-repository/Finance-Quote-CBOE/trunk fqc

then do your operations and branch with

svn cp file:///svn-repository/Finance-Quote-CBOE/trunk file:///svn-repository/Finance-Quote/CBOE/branch/blah

or whatever other op you need to perform?  You can check out just part of
the subversion tree at any time, at any level, and not just the project
"root".

-Pete K
--
Pete Krawczyk