[Chicago-talk] OT: meta tags

Adam Israel adam at battleaxe.net
Mon May 16 09:12:13 PDT 2005

heh, half of my living is made doing that sort of thing right now.  The
first thing would be to adjust your index.html.  Meta redirects aren't
the most reliable way of directing a search bot.

Make sure that the keywords in your meta tags match keywords in the
content of your site (reinforces keyword density).

Avoid the use of frames at all possible.  They make it entirely more
difficult to be indexed well.

There are tons of other things, but those few should give you a good
start.  Like Pete said, you might not be picked up in their schedule yet
but even if you are, the site won't get far in its current state.

-Adam