[Chicago-talk] Config file parsers

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Wed May 11 08:48:23 PDT 2005

About once per year we evaluate config file parsers for the WebGUI project. We're always
looking for the best mix of performance, power, and ease of use. To date the one we've
found to give us the best mix is Parse::PlainConfig.

It's easily edited by humans, allows for commenting, has an API for manipulating the
file programmatically, allows for scalars, arrays, and hashes, and parses relatively
quickly. I highly recommend it. However, if you do find something you think is better,
I'd like to hear about it. Cuz, like I said, we're always looking for the best of the
best.