[Chicago-talk] What exactly is a "Application Framework"

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Tue Mar 29 07:15:06 PST 2005

> Actually, on that note, what do you guys think of bundling that
> functionality in? Do you think people would generally want to look at
> it and say, "Okay, I need to set up tables x, y, and z this way to get
> this stuff." Or do you think they'd rather grab the modules later,
> then use their guts to build their own version?

Couldn't you bundle them as seperate packages in CPAN? It would do three things:

a) Make your project look bigger.

b) Allow the people that needed the base to get the base, and the people that needed
more to get more.

c) Give people the idea of committing their own framework addon components.

JT ~ Plain Black
ph: 703-286-2525 ext. 810
fax: 312-264-5382
http://www.plainblack.com

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.