[Chicago-talk] Anyone help installing a perl module?

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Wed Mar 23 18:55:41 PST 2005

> It compiles perfect but blows up at make test.

That's because the compilation doesn't actually load the library to
use.  It's the test that tries to pull it in.

Here's how we build it on our dev server:

alester at blitz[/usr/src]$ cat config.GD
#!/bin/sh

perl Makefile.PL -lib_gd_path="/usr/local/lib" -options="PNG"

If you don't keep configs in a config.whatever file in your /usr/src
directory, do so.  You WILL need them again.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance