[Chicago-talk] TCP server.

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Mon Jul 18 06:54:48 PDT 2005

--- Greg Fast <gdf at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 05:57:36AM -0700, Richard
> Reina wrote:
> > >     # ...
> > >     accept( $client, $server_sock );
> > >     open( my $in, "/bin/date |" ) || die $!;
> > >     while( <$in> ) {
> > >       print {$client_sock} $_;
> > >     }

Greg, I incorporated the code above into my server
program changing "/bin/date" to
/home/richard/tcp_client and created another two liner
on the server machine:

#!/usr/bin/perl
# TCP_client
my $ph_no = "3125551212";
print $ph_no . "\n";

Although this is successful in passing $ph_no to the
tcp_client.pl on the client machine, it only does so
when the TCP_sever starts up.  Once the tcp server is
running if I re-run the tcp client on the server
machine nothing is passed.

Thanks, very much for the help thus far.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
 -Dwight D. Eisenhower.