[Chicago-talk] Edward Tufte in Chicago

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:14:45 PDT 2005

Edward Tufte is one of the gods of visual and information design, and
he's going to be in Chicago August10-11 (and in Madison on the 8th).

    http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/courses

Although he doesn't talk about computers except to say that monitors
are the worst resolution you can pick. He is, however, all about
presenting information in a way that effectively communicates the
message in the best way possible. That's what computer programs are
all about, too. How strange is that?

I've been to his seminars, and I think Andy has too. If you get the
chance, go. Some of the stuff I learned in his seminar showed up in
patches to GD::Graph. :)

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>
http://www.panix.com/~comdog/