[Chicago-talk] Django / Rails Event

Jason Gessner jason at multiply.org
Thu Dec 8 09:02:31 PST 2005

yes in the similar, however, catalyst is kinda like
frankenstein,cobbled together from the corpses of those long since
passed....

IMO, the strength of catalyst lies in excellent controllers and a
completely simple way to support multiple technologies for the view.
The model part of it suffers a lot in comparison to Django and
Rails.  In and of themselves, the perl ORMs are not so bad, but none
of them integrate into the rest of Catalyst as well as ActiveRecord
in rails or the Django bidness.

-jason