[Chicago-talk] Anyone help installing a perl module?

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Fri Dec 2 07:09:18 PST 2005

Andy or any charitable soul who will come to my  aid.  I am having the problem below again. I don't know what to  set lib_gd_path to.

  #find / -name GD.so -print

  gives me:

  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/GD/GD.so
  /usr/local/src/rushclient/i386-linux-thread/auto/GD/GD.so

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> wrote:  > It compiles perfect but blows up at make test.

That's because the compilation doesn't actually load the library to
use.  It's the test that tries to pull it in.

Here's how we build it on our dev server:

alester at blitz[/usr/src]$ cat config.GD
#!/bin/sh

perl Makefile.PL -lib_gd_path="/usr/local/lib" -options="PNG"

If you don't keep configs in a config.whatever file in your /usr/src
directory, do so.  You WILL need them again.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
 -Dwight D. Eisenhower.