[Chicago-talk] MIME Decoder?

Wiggins d'Anconia wiggins at danconia.org
Tue Aug 9 11:48:11 PDT 2005

Stephen Starkey wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know of a good MIME Decoder package?  I'm writing a tool
> that stores emails into a database and needs to extract the text
> contents out no matter what format it's in.  However, the
> MIME::Decoder package doesn't seem to be able to extract any contents
> out, no matter how I send the content into it.  Another note: all the
> libraries I've been trying have had a bent toward decoding to disk,
> but I need to do everything in-memory.
>
> Thanks for everybody's help!
>
> Stephen Starkey.

The Mail::Box suite of mail handling modules can do just about anything
with mail messages (at least that I have seen), though it has a fairly
steep learning curve. There has been talk on the mailing list of having
it use a DB storage as well, though I am not aware of the existence of
such as yet.

HTH,

http://danconia.org