[Chicago-talk] modeling bridge tables

Jim Thomason thomasoniii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:37:17 CDT 2004

Yes, yes. "this is my box. Now I shall think within it."

I'm quite aware of the existing ways to do it (such as making that
infernal middle object) - I even rattled it off in my first email.

I still don't like it and will still continue to search for a better
way to store the data.

Creating the intermediary object is still re-defining the logic of how
things are accessed and used based upon the underlying storage
mechanism. A different storage mechanism would potentially not require
that bridge object (whereas the company and building would always be
required, since they actually _exist_).

I'm still going to try and come up with a better way to do it. Has
nobody else ever even attempted another way to model this data? Some
aborted attempt or failed bit of code or discarded theory? Anything?
Or am I just alone in thinking that it's not a great way to do it?

-Jim.....