[Chicago-talk] Hello Chicago.pm's people (I''ve just join the group)

Leland Johnson easyasy2k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 01:16:34 CDT 2004

Good to hear your interested Kem. I joined this PM group 6(?) months
ago, and I've been loving it. I've learned a lot, and with the Phalanx
project, I get to contribute back to the perl community at large.

I'm somewhat interested in Perl6 too. If you want to talk off-list,
I'd be glad to. I also got to attend OSCON this year, so I got to go
to some of the Perl6 presentations. If you want, you can check out my
blog coverage of OSCON at
http://protoplasmic.org/weblog.cgi/oscon
It's pretty lacking on Perl6 coverage though.

The Phalanx project is basically writing and importing tests for well
used modules in CPAN. The Chicago PM group decided to adopt
HTML::Tree, giving it this treatment as a group. Here's what's
currently on tap: (you can edit the page and add what you want to do,
but I would suggest contacting Andy Lester first at andy at petdance.com)
http://phalanx.kwiki.org/index.cgi?ChicagoStatus

And some general info on the Phalanx Project:
http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/
http://phalanx.kwiki.org

Also, a group is trying to get together to modify the module as a
group, as we did at the last meeting:
http://mail.pm.org/archives/chicago-talk/2004-September/001778.html

The website hasn't been updated yet, but our next meeting (I think) is
taking place at the Grayslake Library:
http://mail.pm.org/archives/chicago-talk/2004-September/001730.html

I hope to see you at the next meeting!

--