[Chicago-talk] perl pretty-printing tools?

Leland Johnson easyasy2k at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 23:53:40 CDT 2004

Wow, perltidy has HTML output? I guess it does. I should really read
_all_ of the pod next time I start using something.

Make sure to keep me up to date on the status of the bloxsom plugin.
I'd like to help to. I run a bloxsom blog, and I would like something
other than just textile to format my posts.

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:06:33 -0500, Greg Fast <gdf at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:36:58 -0500, Leland Johnson <easyasy2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On a similar note, I use perltidy from CPAN to make all my files
> > uniform when I'm editing them. It makes tab-stops, bracket &
> > parenthesis syntax all the same. I've only used it once on my code,
> > when I wanted the project I started learning perl with to actually
> > look reasonable, after not knowing how to make perl look nice and
> > screwing with tab-stops in VIM.
>
> I think perltidy is pretty close to what I'm looking for, especially
> since it's just a perl module (maybe we should phalanx him into
> putting it up on CPAN).  I'm going to try writing a blosxom
> (http://blosxom.com) plugin to autoformat perl, which this should work
> nicely for.
>
> I'm not really interested in the tidy part of it right now, just the
> html generation part of it.
>

> --
> Greg Fast
> http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/~gdf/