[Chicago-talk] perl pretty-printing tools?

Leland Johnson easyasy2k at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:36:58 CDT 2004

I use VIM for syntax highlighting when I have to print something out.
If you popup the perl-syntax help-page (":help perl-syntax" in normal
mode) it has a few options to make the syntax highlighting more
accurate and highlight pod. Other than that, there's not much you can
do to make it work any better, at least in vim.

On a similar note, I use perltidy from CPAN to make all my files
uniform when I'm editing them. It makes tab-stops, bracket &
parenthesis syntax all the same. I've only used it once on my code,
when I wanted the project I started learning perl with to actually
look reasonable, after not knowing how to make perl look nice and
screwing with tab-stops in VIM.

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:00:26 -0500, Greg Fast <gdf at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> I'm looking around (again) for tools to pretty-print perl code (but
> not necessarily to a printer).  In Andy's "get a job" talk, I believe
> he suggested printing from BBEdit or another syntax-highlighting
> editor.  I'm also aware of enscript, though I don't know if that does
> more than black-and-white highlighting.
>
> Does anyone have any favorites?  How about a perl-to-html tool that
> does syntax coloring/hilighting?  The wiki running poe.perl.org has
> one, but I haven't discovered what it is.
>
> --
> Greg Fast
> http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/~gdf/

Leland Johnson