[Chicago-talk] Subversion is coolness

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 7 11:58:14 CDT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:33:58 -0500, JT Smith <jt at plainblack.com> wrote:
> Have you been able to make it through an upgrade without destroying
> the repository yet?  I know that was a problem for a while.

I started using v0.20 pretty regularly, and then decided to upgrade
the server to 0.23 (which was current at the time) when I discovered
they'd changed the line protocol and my 0.23 clients couldn't talk to
the server.  Migrating the repository completely hosed it, and then I
wasn't even able to revert back to my backup copy, even with the
original 0.20 server.  At this point I threw up my hands.

Now, admittedly, they made no bones about marking this as alpha
software, and I imagine the revert thing was something stupid on my
part.  I haven't set up a serious server since they went 1.0, and thus
haven't upgraded one post-1.0 either.

--
Greg Fast
http://cken.chi.groogroo.com/~gdf/