[Chicago-talk] Downloading a file via WWW::Mechanize

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Sat Oct 2 08:17:17 CDT 2004

Leland Johnson wrote:

>perldoc WWW::Mechanize | grep -A 10 -B 10 "file"
>
>I can't seem to get `grep -C 10 "tofind" to work in osx. Any sugguestions?
>

>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:02:02 -0500, Jay Strauss <me at heyjay.com> wrote:
>

>>>I just don't see how to do it in my instance, I can't use $mech->get
>>>because its not a uri, its a form I need to fill out, then push the
>>>download button, after which I download a form.

Leland, thanks for the response.  But, for me it's not a question of not
reading the docs (as Andy assumes).  From the docs I don't see how to do
what I want.

The docs lead me to believe:

$mech->get( $url, ":content_file"=>$tempfile );

Requires a URL to follow.  In my case I don't have that.  I have a form
that needs filling and a submit button.

Thanks
Jay