[Chicago-talk] Problem with installing Curses module

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Jun 1 12:26:34 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:23:35PM -0400, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> Try changing Perl_sv_isa() to sv_isa().  It should work.  If so, you may
> post this to the list.
> Also let me know, although I may have figured it out already.  Thanks.
>
> I found this by doing a gcc -E on Curses.c ... now I am looking for WHY this
> should be, and what
> the CursesFun.c errors are.
>
> Joe Yao

Apparently the CHANGLEOG lists among the last changes, changing all
instances of Perl_sv_isa() to sv_isa() ... and they missed one.  I
don't know why it took until now to start surfacing.  The Perl_sv_isa()
macro apparently is identical to sv_isa() in non-threaded installations
of Perl, but different under some threaded installations.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B