[Chicago-talk] a pure-Perl 'make'

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Wed Jul 28 16:28:14 CDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Mike Fragassi wrote:
> You also may need to edit Perl\lib\Config.pm's 'make=' line; by default
> its set to 'nmake'; I know that I had to change it to 'make' when I used
> the Perl Power Tools' make version 'pmake'.  (Perl Power Tools is like
> unxutils, but it's all in Perl; it used to be at
> http://language.perl.com/ppt/ but O'Reilly seems to have taken that page
> down.  Does anyone know where PPT went to?  pmake by itself is at
> http://search.cpan.org/~ni-s/Make-1.00/).

If anyone cares, I found it:

	http://search.cpan.org/dist/ppt/src/make/pmake

It's part of PPT (http://search.cpan.org/dist/ppt/), the Perl Power
Tools/Unix Reconstruction Project, which was initially spearheaded by Tom
Christiansen and is now apparently maintained by Casey West. ("Our goal is
quite simply to reimplement the classic Unix command set in pure Perl, and
to have as much fun as we can doing so.")

-- Mike F.