[Chicago-talk] $$$ conference lecture opportunities

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Fri Jul 9 17:27:42 CDT 2004

Plain Black (my company) will be holding our WebGUI (plainblack.com/webgui) conference
in Chicago this year at the end of October. We're looking for qualified experts to come
in and give lectures/seminars on Perl, Apache, MySQL, and Linux.

We have volunteer openings as well as paid spots. What we pay you will depend upon your
qualifications, subject matter, and length of presentation (or presentations). The fee
is negotiable.

Specific subjects we'd like to cover with experts are:

Apache security
Apache performance tuning
MySQL performance tuning
Scalability with LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/Perl) including clustering, load balancing,
etc.
Linux security
Linux performance tuning as a web application server
Intro to Perl
Writing tests (load, error, security) in Perl
Using Perl for system administration

If you have an alternate topic that you think might be useful to our users feel free to
bring it up. Other topics we cover will be WebGUI programming, administration, security,
scalability, templating, etc. As well as some general web design topics.

Everyone that presents (whether paid or not) will get in to the conference for free, and
get all of the conference freebies (food, shirts, pens, backpacks, hats, and other
schwag) for free.

Feel free to pass this email along to people who may be interested.

Contact me (jt at plainblack.com) if you're interested. You must be able to prove your
qualifications (work history, books, articles, training certifications, etc) to present
on any of these topics.

JT ~ Plain Black

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.