[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Wed Jan 28 00:28:10 CST 2004

> redhat installs it by default and i've never heard any mass complaints
> (i don't use redhat, so this may have changed)

Until is stopped existing, RH used vim as their standard
vi-clone, and it works well for people who never know any
other clone -- until they are faced with another clone
and find that their muscle memory breaks things ('u'
isn't the only one, is just the one I remember).

If you are lucky enough to live with one editor then
enjoy it. People who do short-term work or have to
swtich between systems don't have the luxury of
configuring their environments to that degree. I have
to live with bash, ksh, and sh depending on my work
(talk about keystroke mismatches!).

                                            +1 888 359 3508