[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Sun Jan 25 10:22:56 CST 2004

I teach perl to novices on occasion and I find it easier to teach using Komodo
(http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/) so that I don't have to spend my time
teaching an editor and perl at the same time. Komodo is a commercial product, but its
graphical environment is much easier to understand for newbies.

When you get to be hardcore, then switch to vim. There is no better editor for perl.