[Chicago-talk] Dynamic @INC builder?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Fri Jan 23 15:27:11 CST 2004

-- Ed Summers <ehs at pobox.com>

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 08:54:19AM -0800, Jim Thomason wrote:
>> In short, is there an existing module that will
>> dynamically populate @INC based upon certain keywords?
>
>> 1) Does this already exist?
>
> Steven's FindBin::libs [1] (which I installed this morning) is a similar
> tool for handling situations like this. I think you would need to synch
> up the  names of your library locations though:
>
>     /Users/jim/Documents/Perl/lib
>     /home/thomason/perl/lib

Actually, you can pick the directory names to change them from "lib".

               use FindBin::libs qw( base=altlib );

e.g., qw( base=homegrown ) will look for ./homegrown. The POD has a
few examples of this.

The basic idea behind FB::libs is that what  you are looking for will
be somewhere along $Bin. The example with ~/libs doesn't sound very
portable, but if your sandbox is somewhere below $HOME then tracing
up $Bin will eventually collide with it.

                                            +1 888 359 3508