[Chicago-talk] Using Storable to exchange data between 2 processes

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Jan 23 10:40:56 CST 2004

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg Fast <gdf at speakeasy.net> writes:

Greg> Oh, one more possibility (at the risk of jumping the gun on next
Greg> month's meeting topic): you could use POE, letting its cooperative
Greg> task-swapping handle what you're doing with multiple processes.
Greg> Depends on how responsive you require the read task to be, probably.

Or, do what I did for my multi-threaded link checker, use Class::DBI
around a DBD::SQLite database to communicate between processes:
<http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col52.html>