[Chicago-talk] Kinda OT - redhat enterprise linux for apache/mod_perl

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Fri Feb 6 19:37:58 CST 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 10:39 AM, jason gessner wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I have a proejct that will be an apache/mod_perl/mason|tt2 application.
>
> My question is, has anyone used the redhat enterprise linux product?
> It
> comes with stronghold, based on apache 2, which does me no good.

Does RHE not come with mod_perl? I would expect that it does.

> I am assuming that everyone will say "skip it", but I wanna know what
> the
> thoughts are out there about this.  I am most familiar with redhat
> distros,
> but am wary of running fedora for this app.  Thoughts?

If you are thinking about going the fedora route, you might as well go
with Debian. Afterall, fedora is just Redhat's attempt at being Debian
which as we all know is the best distribution, and also the fastest
growing[1], mainly because everyone is finally coming to realize how
much Redhat sucks. Not to mention your Debian setup will be as simple
as doing: apt-get install libapache-mod-perl libhtml-mason-perl

1.
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/01/28/
debian_fastest_growing_linux_distribution.html

--
Paul Baker

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
          -- Philip K. Dick

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc